Chandra Kanneganti wins Goldenhill and Sandyford in Trent City Council

It has been a bruising night for Conservatives on Stoke-on-Trent City Council

GP Chandra Kanneganti has retained his Goldenhill and Sandyford seat on Stoke-on-Trent City Council. There secured almost two thirds of the votes polled and win with a huge margin against his rival Labor party candidate Jeff Birks.

Dr Kanneganti moved to Stoke in 2007, after training in Dumfries, Scotland. He is a GP Principal at Goldenhill Medical Centre, and Five Towns GP Surgery. He has been Clinical Director of Stoke CCG since CCG formed, and resigned to join the Federation board. Dr Kanneganti has a Special interest in Diabetes, Contraception, Medical Leadership. 

He is a Nationally Elected BMA GPC member since 2012. He also attends RCGP Council as an observer and is the National Chair of British International Doctors Association.

His role within NSGPF is to work with stakeholders including UHNM, SSOTP, Combined health, OOH providers, Social care, voluntary sector etc and is currently working on the model of care across Stoke and North Staffordshire on behalf of Federation.

Chandra said: "I’m really grateful to the community for giving me the opportunity to represent them again and putting their faith in me again.

"They’re like my family, so I never had any doubt, but I will continue to work hard for the community and continue to serve them the best I can. I feel really emotional. The messages I’ve received have really touched my heart and made me want to work even harder for my community."

Comments