Sailikhita Yalamanchili Miss India 2023 contestant


"Being on the Miss India stage reminds me of my strengths and how far I've come. The sacrifices I made remind me to keep reaching for my goals and that anything is possible if you trust yourself," exclaims Sailikhita Yalamanchili as she recalls her gratifying journey as Femina Miss India Andhra Pradesh 2022.

A doctor and model by profession, the south Indian beauty set sail to fulfil her passion and participated in the prestigious national pageant, and that's not all along with bagging the state winner's title Sailikhita also won the Times Miss Beauty With A Purpose award. "I believe in perseverance, and if you constantly keep working on yourself, anything and everything is possible. I believe in preparation and working on things I have control over, making me what I am today."

Andhra Pradesh holds a special place in her heart, and being able to represent her state on the national stage for her has been the most memorable experience. Speaking about the same, she said, "Participating in Miss India was the most memorable experience of my life and was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I found myself a second family far from home. I am glad I participated and did not settle for anything less than what I truly want."

While the journey at Miss India is life-changing, every journey and experience is unique; everyone has a battle to overcome, and it is more complex when it's your family on the other side. "It is quite common for parents to be concerned, especially in this field that comes with a lot of uncertainty, negative stereotypes, lack of understanding, and safety concerns. I did not have their support in the beginning, but after winning the prestigious title, which is a major accomplishment, it persuaded my family members to support me who were initially sceptical," she exclaimed with pride and further added, "my family and friends were the reason I won Times Miss Beauty With A Purpose title. I alone raised 7.8 Lakhs towards the Ketto campaign, and you could see the support there!"

Sailikhita graduated MBBS in first class just two days after the pageant and was immensely moved to learn that her college had hosted the graduation ceremony regarding her arrival. As she reminisces about her beautiful journey, this is what she has to say to her successor. "As you embark on your journey at Miss India, remember to stay true to your values and goals. You are there to inspire others and make a positive impact, so don't be afraid to share your passion and ideas with those around you. Participating in Miss India is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so make sure you make the most of it! Finally, don't forget that winning is not just about the crown – it's also about winning people over with your charm, kindness, and authenticity!"

Delivering her absolute best, the queen has no regrets and is appreciative to have taken the courage to accomplish her dream. And this is how she summaries her journey.




Comments